Tefters Posted September 30, 2016 Posted September 30, 2016 So here's the challenge:- Need to block the new Windows 10 GUI settings along with control panel while still allowing students access to manipulate the sound speaker CPL. You can block both control panel and settings together via the usual basic GPO and you can allow control panel but only the specified items, in this case MMSYS.cpl however while this restricts control panel to only the sound options and allows full access to the system settings new GUI. Yes you can hide the icons however the lovely sweathearts will always find a way. Monitoring the process I can see its simply called Systemsettings.exe under C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel which I can simply block via Applocker. Anyone else had this similar scenario as a need? and if so is this the only solution?
Arthur Posted September 30, 2016 Posted September 30, 2016 Monitoring the process I can see its simply called Systemsettings.exe under C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel which I can simply block via Applocker. Use AppLocker's "Packaged app Rules" to block the new Settings app. www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-10/158751-settings-app.html#post1359458 1
Michael Posted September 30, 2016 Posted September 30, 2016 I do exactly this with Classic Shell - hide/restrict 'Settings' but allow certain CPLs into the 'old' Control Panel in combination with standard Microsoft GPOs.
Tefters Posted September 30, 2016 Author Posted September 30, 2016 Awww of course the packaged apps rule! Still using the old school exe rule which works the same but still... Don't use classic shell as had reasonable success with the normal start menu but i am running the newest update.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now