Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to check if a DHCP reservation exists and if not add one. What I'm finding is that if I do search for an existing reservation I get information back if there is an IP address recorded in DHCP even if there is no reservation. I'm using

GET-DHCPServerv4Reservation -ComputerName $Server -IPAddress $Address

 

which is producing a result but the IP I'm using is a DHCP leased result NOT one that has been reserved. I sometimes get asked to add a reservation to DHCP but when I go to do it there is already an existing reservation or different information to what I have been given. Rather than just delete/update something I wanted to be able to check that reservation details before updating. I would have expected the command I'm using to not produce any results if a reservation wasn't specified but it seems to be pulling information if an entry exists in DHCP. What am I missing?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...