plock Posted February 4, 2008 Posted February 4, 2008 Morning all, I have a slight problem - Mac OS X 10.4.8 Software Update fails due to a network connection issue. However, running the diagnostic wizard produces no results. This indicates everything is well. This of course, is correct. Internet access is fine, so no real reason for the updater being unable to connect to the update server. I'm downloading 10.4.9 from the Apple website in hope this will sort the problem. Anybody else came across this? How do I check the Update Server configuration? To ensure at implementation the clients were/weren’t pointed to our Apple X Server. Thanks in anticipation. I'll keep you posted.
torledo Posted February 4, 2008 Posted February 4, 2008 Morning all, I have a slight problem - Mac OS X 10.4.8 Software Update fails due to a network connection issue. However, running the diagnostic wizard produces no results. This indicates everything is well. This of course, is correct. Internet access is fine, so no real reason for the updater being unable to connect to the update server. I'm downloading 10.4.9 from the Apple website in hope this will sort the problem. Anybody else came across this? How do I check the Update Server configuration? To ensure at implementation the clients were/weren’t pointed to our Apple X Server. Thanks in anticipation. I'll keep you posted. here's a link to the SIU and SUS admin guide for 10.5 if you haven't already got it; http://images.apple.com/server/macosx/docs/System_Imaging_and_SW_Update_Admin_v10.5.pdf gives you information on how to manually update the update catalog (you may need to do this to get the clients to download the 10.4.8 update) check the status of the softwareupdateserver service, and location of the SUS error logs. 1
plock Posted February 4, 2008 Author Posted February 4, 2008 Thanks torledo! I was being silly! Software Update Service wasn't started on the Server. I thought I had it configured to go through Apple X Server!
DMcCoy Posted February 4, 2008 Posted February 4, 2008 Software update service is rather rubbish, when you start it is also doesn't tell you it *has* started until it's download all the updates, this can take several hours while you scratch your head trying to figure out why its not working
plock Posted February 4, 2008 Author Posted February 4, 2008 Indeed - Ahh it wasn't just me then! *relief*
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now