Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all!

 

I've been trying to figure something out and I just can't seem to find the info I need, so was hoping someone here might have the answer. I currently have a Windows 8.1 image that has been deployed to both students and staff. While Office 2013 ProPlus is included in the image, we didn't realize that Windows 8.1 also comes with it's own personal version of the OneNote app (not making the same mistake in my Windows 10 image), which doesn't seem to work with our business version of Office 365. Therefore, I'm trying to figure out a way to set the desktop version of OneNote 2013 as the default note-taking app. Otherwise, we have many students and staff that try the "personal" app version (unknowingly) and can't get into their stuff and then get frustrated and give up.

 

So, anyone out there know how to either set OneNote 2013 (desktop) as the default app or perhaps set the file association to point to the desktop version instead?

 

Thanks so much in advance!

 

Scott

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...