TwistedHelixis Posted April 12, 2016 Posted April 12, 2016 Is it correct that a users should be asked for their username and passwords twice, once when they access the RDWeb site and once when they run a remote app?
Steve21 Posted April 12, 2016 Posted April 12, 2016 By default yes, but you can setup trusted logins where it effectively uses SSO from the Portal while connecting to an app Steve 1
TwistedHelixis Posted April 12, 2016 Author Posted April 12, 2016 Thanks @Steve21 I have got Word etc all working fine as remote apps but Sims and FMS do not work. I click on the icon, enter username and password to connect, the box says connected and disappears but nothing happens or appears after that. I can run Sims & FMS fine from the remote access server Any ideas?
Steve21 Posted April 12, 2016 Posted April 12, 2016 Sometimes remote apps don't show but if you just reload it again they do. It's as if it loads in the background but isn't grabbed to display. But what are you settings for SIMs within the gateway etc? We just use the pulsar exe etc to load, rather than the SIMsLoad Steve 1
TwistedHelixis Posted April 12, 2016 Author Posted April 12, 2016 Thanks. Using Pulsar.exe has fixed that issue. Any ideas about FMS
Steve21 Posted April 12, 2016 Posted April 12, 2016 Thanks. Using Pulsar.exe has fixed that issue. Any ideas about FMS Same thing, we just run Finance.exe It seems to be the remoteapps sometimes only show the "main" window, and as the other is launched by the launcher it's not classified as a real window to show haha Steve 1
TwistedHelixis Posted April 12, 2016 Author Posted April 12, 2016 Just noticed an odd issue. I have 'User is a member of' and 'Computer is a member of' set in Gateway Manager CAP. Removing my test user from the test group does block access but removing my test computer from it's test group does nothing, I can still access everything. To make matters worse I just tested from a non domain joined laptop that has never been added to my test computer group and that also gets full access. Any idea why the computer group is making do difference to security.
TwistedHelixis Posted April 12, 2016 Author Posted April 12, 2016 Should have added I am using a single 2012r2 server for remote apps
TwistedHelixis Posted April 12, 2016 Author Posted April 12, 2016 Its OK I needed to up the security to high and use TLS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now