ryan_powell Posted January 31, 2008 Posted January 31, 2008 (edited) Hi, I have been opening password protected access 2003 databases with ASP / ADO for years now. However now we have updated to office 2007 everything gone bottoms up. I have an access 2007 database (newly made, not converted from 2003), and a fresh asp page. I've gotten the new connection string information for Access 2007 from the internet yet the page cannot open the database. connection string being used: sConnString="Provider=Microsoft.ace.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" & strPath & ";Jet OLEDB:Database PASSWORD= newmarket" When I try to open the page the error i get is - "Not a valid password" - 80040e4d. I'm 100% sure the password is correct, the driver is right (the server has office 2007 installed, and the new access driver from the M$ website). Every page i've seen on the internet says that the code I'm using is correct, yet asp still can't open it. If i remove the password from the database it opens fine, so it's not a corrupt database, or bad path in the code. If you can shed any light on my problem I would be eternally grateful - been working on it for hours now! Many thanks Ryan Edited January 31, 2008 by ryan_powell Spelling and unwanted smiley appearing
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now