sidewinder Posted March 23, 2016 Posted March 23, 2016 My school is looking to purchase a laptop for a child with special needs. What the parent has come back with is a HP Stream 11, with it's beefy Celeron, 2GB RAM and 32G eMMC. I'm sure these machines are just about capable for home use (though I wouldnt fancy using one) but in school I can just seeing it being a constant PITA for me to support. Bear in mind they want this to last at least 3 years! I've pretty much said no to it, and they are going to have to spend a bit more. Does anyone have any suggestions? Needs to be either 11 or 13" at the most, and between £200 and £300...refurbs happily considered! I've found this from ICT Direct - http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/refurbished-laptops-schools/laptops/lenovo-x201-refurbished-core-i5-notebook-9568.html which would be so, so much better but I don't think it would be popular since Thinkpads are pretty ugly.
Arthur Posted March 23, 2016 Posted March 23, 2016 between £200 and £300. www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-probook-450-g3-newest-business-laptop-i3-6100u-score-higher-than-i5-5200u-4gb-2415061?
elsiegee40 Posted March 23, 2016 Posted March 23, 2016 (edited) @ICTDirect_Dave may have prettier things on offer. Have you asked? Edited March 23, 2016 by elsiegee40
ICTDirect_Dave Posted March 23, 2016 Posted March 23, 2016 I've got a couple of lovely Dell E6220 for around £250 and some really nice HP 2560p for around £235. They should fit the bill nicely. The X201 - though cheap, is annoying as it doesn't come with a Trackpad.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now