123sch Posted March 9, 2016 Posted March 9, 2016 (edited) Is there a way that I can add to the "default" groups that I can see in Assessment if I create a new marksheet, for example, or results analysis? As I understand it, if I create a user-defined group then I have to update its membership manually, even if I selected a member from a "group". The default groups update dynamically eg. classes, curriculum, forms etc. Can I add default groups for things like PP - Y and SEN -Y so they update when the status changes. How would these groups have been set up initially? I trawled through the menus and manuals to no avail so any help gratefully received. Edited March 9, 2016 by 123sch
bobsmith Posted March 9, 2016 Posted March 9, 2016 set up discover groups, then membership will be updated automatically by discover. this works for anything that discover knows about, e.g. PP SEN etc.
123sch Posted March 9, 2016 Author Posted March 9, 2016 Thanks bobsmith, I'll do that. Only just started using Discover but can see it would be helpful to do it this way. Out of interest, are all installations the same as regards what "default" groups are visible. Are they editable?
bobsmith Posted March 10, 2016 Posted March 10, 2016 your screen is the same as mine, where SIMS is concerned I'm pretty sure default means default.
123sch Posted March 10, 2016 Author Posted March 10, 2016 Wow, I never expected that. It seems so unnecessarily restrictive. Glad we have Discover!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now