SimpleSi Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 As a lot of you know, I'm a rogue Network Manager and I don't run my PCs under a domain controller - I just setup one of each type of hardware with all the software we want and then clone it to the others. I'm wanting to do this with office 365 (install office 2016 locally) on a set of netbooks. Can I get away with installing it once using 1 single email address and cloning it or will I need to install it 17 times on each machine with 17 different email addresses ? Simon
robk Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 Not sure, might be worth installing once, NOT activating and then activating all 17 at the end? There is an activation limit per account isnt there? just thinking you might fall fowl of that if you image all 17 from one activation.
FN-GM Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 Not sure, might be worth installing once, NOT activating and then activating all 17 at the end? The Office 365 installer isn't like the traditional, so this isn't possible.
Arthur Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 The Office 365 installer isn't like the traditional, so this isn't possible. The Click-to-Run installer for Office can be told not to automatically activate via an XML file. [color="#FF0000"][/color] Sources: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219426.aspx https://officedev.github.io/Office-IT-Pro-Deployment-Scripts/XmlEditor.html
Michael Posted March 7, 2016 Posted March 7, 2016 You can of course install a Volume Office 2016 Pro instance as part of an image, but you will be prompted to activate it on each cloned device (just as you will Windows) the first time it's run. As to which O365 account is signed in with it is irrelevant. If you're referring to a Personal instance, I think you're limited to 5 devices.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now