Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys !!

 

I'm struggling finding a set of instructions on how to migrate my php 5.5.x to 7.0.x I'm using Server 2012 R2

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Many Thanks

Posted (edited)

Is it naïve to think it is the same as doing any other version migration? I upgraded our web server a few days ago from PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.5 (need to work through replacing depreciated code slowly) and as previously, it's generally a case of extracting the file contents into the PHP directory and making the necessary amendments to PHP.ini?

 

PHP have install instructions for Windows Systems which don't seem to have changed or been superseded since PHP 7 has been released: PHP: Manual Installation Steps - Manual

 

In saying that, I am not planning to upgrade our server to PHP 7 soon, both because of the above depreciations, but also because there are no new features we need.

Edited by dgsmith
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I would advise against migrating to PHP 7 just yet. As @dgsmith as mentioned, depreciations.

 

If you have any PHP applications that use MySQL functions i.e. mysql_connect(); and it's not mysqli_... or abstracted in PDO. Things will break!

 

I'd advise testing your applications on PHP7 before migrating.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...