Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Trouble Imaging 64bit systems with 32bit OS In SCCM 2012


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am have a mixed enviroment of 64bit and 32bit PCs and laptops Since upgrading my boot images to Win ADK 10 I am no longer able to image 64bit system with 32bit OS in sccm 2012, what happens in the laptop will boot using the 64bit boot image into winPE and then when you select the task sequence which has a x86 boot image attached to it starts to resolve the task sequence and then I get IMG_0082.jpg

 

I have done some googling around and this message is because its trying to use the wrong boot image but the way I have the system setup is always how I have done it

 

Any advise greatfully recieved.

Posted

I get that sometimes. I don't really give it much thought but I think SCCM choses whether to boots to the x64/x86 WinPE based on the last successful WinPE boot if the system supports both so if you somehow found a 32bit only PC and imaged that you would get this for all the task sequences you have that say to use a 64 bit boot image in their properties.

 

You should be able to get rid of it by removing the 32 bit boot image so you can't boot to it and then putting it back once you've had a successful boot to the 64bit WinPE (there is probably a much less drastic way of doing it but my brain can't think of it today). you'll have to correct your 32bit task sequences afterwards.

 

Or just accept the need to reboot when you need to image a computer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...