Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anybody applied PaperCut MF 15.3 yet?

 

Some of the new scanning functionality looks good as we currently use a very unreliable Mail2Me application on our Kyocera devices which often randomly jams them up when someone uses the scanning. If I apply the upgrade does the upgrade for the MFD devices (seems to be a brand new interface) get pushed out automatically or are further steps required?

Posted

If you upgrade the new branding will be instant but the scanning isn't you need to enable this. At present its only supported on Sharp (with 10" screens) Kyocera (but not sure on which ones).

 

It does work with DFS file shares, but basically requires an account to run the PaperCut service that can write to that directory and also the home directories must be populated within AD. I have asked for the permissions thing to be looked at so you can set these per file share rather than a full access account at the top.

 

I was privvy to a pre-release and fed a number of points back but its a promising start and will get better as they develop more.

 

You do need to enable the workflow for scanning but I haven't done a update to 15.3 yet so not gone through the technical notes I have been sent on this yet, if you get stuck let me know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...