mikeprice Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 Hi all I am currently confused. I have a background task to get the RPi things working and useable in the classrooms. I have a robot that was working fine before the summer and several programs that I was using. My main problem at this point was simply operating it headless via VNC - can't remember the exact problems but it wasn't far off working OK I have just started/restarted this project now that other things have calmed down a bit and I am having problems The problem is that the Pis won't work. I started with the robot - with Pi attached and wifi - which was working fine. But it won't connect I assumed that the SD card had failed/got corrupted or something so I reformatted it and reimaged it. I have also tried different Pis and downloaded new images - and to different SD cards - all with the same result When I start the Pi - with a network cable plugged in - powered from either a USB port or using a powered adapter and with a keyboard and mouse plugged into the 2 USB ports The gui interface starts OK but the mouse pointer won't move and the keyboard does work either The red light on the mouse flashes rather than just being on The only difference between this setup and when I first started is that I have misplaced (i.e. lost) the USB hub that I used to used (unpowered) Oh - and I have tried different keyboards and mice (that all work on PCs) any ideas?? I will bring my usb hub from home tomorrow if I don't get any ideas/solution but I can't see why that would work?? p.s. my pis at home (a model B and a new zero) all work fine
bald_pig Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 Sounds underpowered, do you get a rainbow in the top-right corner when you start up?
mikeprice Posted December 8, 2015 Author Posted December 8, 2015 Sounds underpowered, do you get a rainbow in the top-right corner when you start up? thanks I though that - but no rainbow - monitor looks normal - tried with no network but made no difference Surely a Pi should be able to boot with only a monitor keyboard and mouse??
bald_pig Posted December 8, 2015 Posted December 8, 2015 You'd be pushing it connected to a pc, pi needs ~350ma by itself, are you able to SSH onto the pi?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now