dagza Posted January 19, 2008 Posted January 19, 2008 (edited) Hello I have the school website (created with the joomla edugeek package) on my laptop which I want to move to the school's webserver. Yesterday was the first time I played with IIS so I have no idea what I am doing! I managed to get php installed and can view a php info page on the server over the web. I managed to get mysql installed and confirmed this by installing the system tray app from the community site. When I try to get phpmyadmin installed I get an error message telling me: Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. The only fix I can find is to ensure that the extention=php_mysql.dll is uncommented in the php.ini file - which it is! Also the extension dir points to the correct place. My head hurts. Any thoughts? Darren (PS latest PHP and MySQL installers were used) Edited January 19, 2008 by dagza
kmount Posted January 19, 2008 Posted January 19, 2008 http://www.atksolutions.com/articles/install_php_mysql_iis.html Link above looks good.
FN-GM Posted January 19, 2008 Posted January 19, 2008 I had this, I never fixed it. I changed from IIS to apache2triad. The move was so easy all you have to do is install it and you are ready to go. No configuration or anything.
dagza Posted January 19, 2008 Author Posted January 19, 2008 Great, thanks for the link. Copying the php.ini file to the windows folder seems to have done it. Thanks again
dagza Posted January 20, 2008 Author Posted January 20, 2008 (edited) Hmmmmmm. Still having problems. I got wordpress installed and working but I can't get phpmyadmin to work. A site says it needs these extensions to work: extension=php_gd2.dll extension=php_mbstring.dll extension=php_mcrypt.dll extension=php_mysql.dll I put them in the correct folder and in the php.ini file (the one in windows and the one in the PHP folder) but they are not showing up on my phpinfo file (except mysql). UPDATE: Partially fixed thanks to http://www.iis-aid.com/articles/how_to_guides/installing_php_5_on_iis_in_5_simple_steps I think it was because the session and log paths were default and, perhaps because they were truncated. phpmyadmin is still complaining about mbstring though but everything else seems fine. Edited January 20, 2008 by dagza
CyberNerd Posted January 20, 2008 Posted January 20, 2008 did you reload the webserver to pick up thew new configuration
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now