Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

 

So, I've been working in a school IT role for 9 months or so now and I'm just looking for some tips on what to do next in terms of CPD and gaining more experience. I passed my CompTIA A+ exams in October and I'm looking to put the things I've learned into practice to get them bedded in (without going round creating problems just to fix them, of course). I do shadow my NM a fair bit but I'm hungry to learn more.

 

In the long term, I want to move towards networking and/or security so have started to look at various training providers for those kind of courses/exams. At the same time, I am trying to become more of an asset to our team and fix things without being too dependent on the boss! Any advice or am I trying to run before I can walk?

 

Update - apologies for the smilie in the title - typo!

Edited by cherd84

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...