Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
We have an Activeboard 300 that has been re-sited recently and is now beyond 5m USB limit. I've got it working with an active USB extender. However the user is now experiencing issues with pen right clicking while using it. We have changed pen but problem persists. I've read an earlier thread about USB extensions being a bit iffy with these boards but wonder if anyone has known them cause funny issues with pen control like we are experiencing with this one since we added the extension.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Got this working in the end. Removed the USB repeater and pulled slack through on board USB cable to plug direct into computer. I then found board would not even show a power light unless repeater was put back in line. I discovered the installer had used a short USB cable and extension giving about 3M behind board originally fed into an AV wall box. I pulled this out and replaced with a descent 5M USB cable, bypassed AV wall box and fed straight to PC. Board now powered up OK and responded fine. According to teacher now seems to be working OK. Seems coupled USB cable was poor resulting in board not running properly.
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...