7UD9 Posted October 29, 2015 Posted October 29, 2015 Hi all Scenario: Some users have installed Google Chrome on their workstations, the install has set Google Chrome as the default browser. We want IE11 as the default browser and this is set through GPO. When IE11 is set as the default browser and a user clicks a link (e.g. in an email, shortcut on desktop) they receive an error which states "Class not Registered". Users can open IE11 fine by using using it's normal shortcut. If I go into IE11 as a user who is experiencing the issue and reset the settings, the problem goes away until a reboot occurs, then it comes back (even when Chrome is no longer installed). If I uninstall Chrome, the problem persists. If I create a new profile for a user, the problem goes away. The problem I am now facing is that I cannot create a new profile for a particular user who has this problem, I need to find another way of solving this. There must be a file/setting within a user's profile which is causing the problem. I'm posting out of desperation, I've tried everything I can find online and I'm getting nowhere, can anyone offer any suggestions?
7UD9 Posted October 29, 2015 Author Posted October 29, 2015 Issue doesn't occur as local admin which suggests this could be gpo based, backed up by testing in different OUs: Issue does happen to pc when picking up staff policies, issue doesn't happen to pc when picking up student polices. I have had the pc in a test OU with no policies applied except domain default policy and the issue still occurs which conflicts with the thoughts above, it can't be the default domain policy or behavior would be consistent across all PCs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now