mthomas08 Posted January 19, 2016 Posted January 19, 2016 I was a mod on a fairly active set of minecraft servers for quite awhile. The problem is always the same. The fun is in setting things up and once you got everything running "all" there is left to do is build. While that is fun it burns you out on the game really quickly and you end up with 1 or 2 people working on massive projects (which never get finished) and the rest just drift off. You never played with me, projects were always finished for me, I hated things not finished and had to be a must have. In fact as time went by and I came up with new/different ideas I would go back to the already finished projects and improved upon them. Such a shame though that our old map became corrupted because it was truly immense, some of what I have seen on Community Servers haven't really compared (although I have seen a few things I was like WOW, I want to try that). @localzuk Tell me to sod off, but what's the possibility of having a second map on Creative? Although I do at times enjoy survival (gathering for hours on end) at times it's great just to build hours on end.
Garacesh Posted January 19, 2016 Posted January 19, 2016 Sounds fun but not my long term preference for Minecraft. I'm more a non stop builder, once I finished a project I start another and it continues. Then I link them together, underground cart systems, passage ways.. ugh.. the more I think about it all the more I seriously missed it... Hell I'm the type of person that would build a world size of the Ocarina of Time (loved that game) just for fun... and yes I did have a water dungeon which was large too.. Memories! The main reason why I haven't got back in to it is finding a server where I can build a TON or spending hours just trying to find a spot just to die and unable to find that spot again... Oh yeah, it's certainly not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but my point was more 'sometimes you can create something unique and fun by collaboration of other mods rather than just using pretty built packs'.. Although you do get the issues of compatibility, so yeah..
localzuk Posted January 20, 2016 Author Posted January 20, 2016 Not a huge fan of creative worlds. I prefer having to work to be creative! I had a play with Revolution 2 last night, got eaten by lizards 3 times in a row, and electrocuted by a glowing orb on a building. I think that's the one we're gonna go with. Its a bit harder than our current world but looks like it could be fun. Its still in alpha, but the pack devs say this is likely the last alpha release, with beta coming shortly. I'm gonna do some prep work before opening such a world up though - pre-generation of the world, for example, to reduce lag.
Garacesh Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 I had a play with Revolution 2 last night, it kicked my ass. We're using this one. Thats all I read Whilst I admit sometimes halfway through a big build you can get disheartened by not having the resources and needing to go get more, personally I'm not a fan of creative either.
localzuk Posted January 20, 2016 Author Posted January 20, 2016 Thats all I read Whilst I admit sometimes halfway through a big build you can get disheartened by not having the resources and needing to go get more, personally I'm not a fan of creative either. Heh, pretty much! I like there being more creatures to contend with. Going into the water is a risk too I think, as there's various things that'll eat you in there too.
Geoff Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 pre-generation of the world, for example, to reduce lag. Try not the screw up the world gen this time! Heh, pretty much! I like there being more creatures to contend with. Going into the water is a risk too I think, as there's various things that'll eat you in there too. I got eaten by a shark.
localzuk Posted January 20, 2016 Author Posted January 20, 2016 Try not the screw up the world gen this time! I don't know what you mean... I totally wanted a mooshroom world. I got eaten by a shark. Seems about right.
Geoff Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 I'm a little puzzled by the instructions for the revolution 2 world gen actually. It says if you don't have 6Gb of ram use Biomes a plenty world gen and not Realistic Terrain Generation. I don't see an option for RTG in the world gen setup..
localzuk Posted January 20, 2016 Author Posted January 20, 2016 Realistic was in the options on mine when I looked, even though I did use BoP for my test. I shall have another play tonight - hopefully minus the lizard deaths.
Geoff Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 I think RTG is the way to go. It produces very interesting world gen. Looking over the mod list in detail there's some cool mods I've been wanting to play with. RotaryCraft aside I like the look of ChromatiCraft, PneumaticCraft, Refined Relocation & Galacticraft!
localzuk Posted January 20, 2016 Author Posted January 20, 2016 Yeah, main reasons I was interested were the selection of different mods from the usual packs. Plus the random animals.
Geoff Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 Hopefully the difficulty inherent in the modpack will slow us down enough to keep us interested. I'm not sure if you can disable mods/items in the pack without breaking it. You'll have to be super careful about keeping the HQM progression possible for example. I suspect simply having HQM providing clear goals to work towards will help, it certainly kept me motivated in my Skyblock SP game.
bald_pig Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 Hopefully the difficulty inherent in the modpack will slow us down enough to keep us interested. I'm not sure if you can disable mods/items in the pack without breaking it. You'll have to be super careful about keeping the HQM progression possible for example. I suspect simply having HQM providing clear goals to work towards will help, it certainly kept me motivated in my Skyblock SP game. I was slow enough as it is! I'm still using waterwheels for all my power lol
mthomas08 Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 Ah, understandable about the not Creative. Guess my "Quest" for the perfect server for me continues
ADMaster Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 I had a play with revolution 2 last night. I'm not a huge fan of the PVP. What are the teams all about. I started with creative to explore and landed in an ocean bione with no land in sight. Switched to survival and got a little island where I was killed by some thaumcraft guardians. Then created another creative and it put me in a desert, but did have other biomes. Each time I used the realistic option. I didn't explore all of the options, but the one thing I didn't like was it seamed to put me in an IRC chat room in single player survival. Sometimes server chat gets too busy for me to follow let alone a public IRC. Perhaps that is different when on your owner server.
localzuk Posted January 20, 2016 Author Posted January 20, 2016 Not sure why it put you in an ice chat. Didn't for me. The teams bit is for servers who want to race into space in galacticraft. Obviously, we don't have to but a bit of friendly competition is fun. Don't think this server will be pvp. Don't think there's enough of us for it, or for an economy.
Garacesh Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 But we can still build hidden nukes under @liamhaith's 'people's' bases?
Geoff Posted January 20, 2016 Posted January 20, 2016 I found a cool RTG seed @localzuk -5034007024218135477
Garacesh Posted January 21, 2016 Posted January 21, 2016 'Cause it sounds like the kind of thing you'd do to my base
localzuk Posted January 21, 2016 Author Posted January 21, 2016 I'm a pacifist.. Hippy... I've started some prep work on the new server tonight. I'm doing all the map pre-gen on my PC, and am going to prep the spawn area a bit.
localzuk Posted January 21, 2016 Author Posted January 21, 2016 I found a cool RTG seed @localzuk -5034007024218135477 Dammit! You trolled me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now