neilmc Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 I'm trying to work out some formulas in excel, hopefully someone here can help. I want to work out the percentage of time taken to do a task for example I do helpdesk duties and it's 9 hours of my working week, I work 35 hours a week, is it possible for excel to work out the percentage? I would also want to work out the % of time I spend doing AV jobs and IT jobs. Can't seem to work out how to do the %'s Ta
themightymrp Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 Could you not just do a basic formula such as =sum((9/35)*100) And then format the cell to however many decimal places you want? 1
themightymrp Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 (edited) Or, if you have a list like this: If you want the percentages in column B, in cell B1 type in =A1/35 and press enter. Then under the Home tab of Excel click the percentage icon to view it as a percentage. You can then copy this formula down the rest of column B and format the other cells in the same way Edited October 22, 2015 by themightymrp Layout did not show as expected 1
neilmc Posted October 22, 2015 Author Posted October 22, 2015 Yep that worked. I think I was expecting it to be more complicated than it needed to be.
themightymrp Posted October 22, 2015 Posted October 22, 2015 Better yet, you can make a hard reference to a cell containing the total hours. On the image here I have enabled showing the formulas so you can see how it would go 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now