CapnPugwash Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 Hi, I've set up an old Server 2008 machine as a remoteapp/desktop. I can connect to it via a web browser : http://HTTP://myserver/ts and fire up the remote desktop and login without any problem. I've set up a thin client to point to this. The thin client gets an IP address, connects to the network & points to http://HTTP://myserver/ts . When I click on the remote desktop icon and enter user name / password / domain I get this message: HTTP ERROR : Unexpected received frame. 401 Unauthorized: access is denied to invalid credentials Looking in the event log on myserver (in 'security') I can see my logon attempt failed with Event 4625 : bad username or password Could this be because I'm not connecting via HTTPS? I don't understand why I can connect via a browser but not the thin client...
FN-GM Posted October 5, 2015 Posted October 5, 2015 Have you tried specifying the domain in the username box? Try: domain\username EG: school\tomsmith Thanks
CapnPugwash Posted October 5, 2015 Author Posted October 5, 2015 Have you tried specifying the domain in the username box? Try: domain\username EG: school\tomsmith Thanks First thing I tried - No joy!
CapnPugwash Posted October 5, 2015 Author Posted October 5, 2015 Hmmm... The Server 2008 box has IIS 6 installed. Looking at the IIS logs, the failed authentications throw up these errors: 401 1 2148074248 0 401 2 5 0 401 1 3221225581 0
CapnPugwash Posted October 7, 2015 Author Posted October 7, 2015 Duh... Turns out it was me being a dingus. I'm setting up an Axel thin client, all I had to do was either read the FAQ's or watch one of the YouTube videos. That'll teach me. Toggled the thin client settings to direct access (I think my problem was trying to connect to a RemotAapp on a Server 2008 box) and everything works great. If you do take the time to scan the FAQ's / watch a YouTube video, setting up an Axel Thin Client is easy & quick
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now