newdriftking-2008 Posted September 14, 2015 Posted September 14, 2015 I recently updated 20 Macbook Pros to Yosemite. Once these new computers were joined to the network, there are a small number of users whose login accounts (are new) that don't appear at the user selection screen. The users are there on the older computers, which are still running Mountain Lion. Why would the users show up on the older Mountain Lion iMacs but not the newer Yosemite. Thanks Paul.
3s-gtech Posted September 14, 2015 Posted September 14, 2015 Can they login if you set the Login screen for username and password rather than a list?
newdriftking-2008 Posted September 14, 2015 Author Posted September 14, 2015 I've just tried that and yes they do. The issue with that though is some children who aren't showing up are in Year 1 and possibly can't spell their name correctly.
3s-gtech Posted September 14, 2015 Posted September 14, 2015 I think the username list style login screen may prove to be too restricted now for this to work - I'm surprised that it did what you needed on older versions too. I understand your issue though, I don't have a solution as we're secondary and they have to learn their login details PDQ.
newdriftking-2008 Posted September 14, 2015 Author Posted September 14, 2015 Its worked for years on the older versions of OSx just now on Yosemite its stopped working. No apparent fixes for it. As you say in secondary it's not really an issue for remembering/spelling names but primary is a whole different kettle of fish. Thanks for help I may raise issue with Apple.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now