TMMurphy Posted September 13, 2015 Posted September 13, 2015 Hi all, I think this is the right place for this but please feel free to move it if it isn't. I have been dabbling in some Android development and going through some free courses on Udemy. I have recently come across a problem which I am hoping perhaps some of you can shed some light on. In the Udemy example they use the getColor method to get a colour to use for the navigation tabs in your app, however this method is now deprecated and a new method is being used ContextCompat.getColor(context, R.color.your_color); My problem is that I am not experienced enough in Android coding to know exactly how to use this new method and I have tried googling but they keep telling me to use the method but don't actually show me how. Are any of you able to assist? I am dabbling in Android development because I eventually want to make an app that will read and write NFC tags so that I can program my business card into them - so as a sideline if any of you have any tips on that it would be great too. Thanks
TMMurphy Posted September 13, 2015 Author Posted September 13, 2015 Well my app seems to work properly now anyway, not sure why it didn't on Friday, but I would still like to know how the function is supposed to be implemented. Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now