Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Samsung S4 Green Screen of Death Reboot problem


Recommended Posts

Posted

Help.. i think my S4 has died but im clutching at straws at the moment. I am thinking the worse but it might be the kick i need to buy a new phone and move over to a SIM only plan.

 

After charging up my S4, i have now found that it now boots to a green screen and then resets it self. It gets very hot around one of the main chips on the motherboard and ive got the back off whilst its doing its stupid reboot problem. There isnt a problem with the screen as i have managed to do a factory reset via the safe mode.

 

Can anyone recommend anything i should try. I have tried:

- replacing the battery

- Clearing the Cache

- I did a factory reset on it via the safe mode option

- Ive made sure the battery is a 100% before trying to get it to boot

 

I feel that the phone is now dead.

 

Here is the youtube video which shows what i am experiencing :(. At around 2min 32seconds, thats when the phone starts to play up.

 

https://youtu.be/LKukNC6-V94

 

Thanks.

Posted
i went down the odin route as kies would not detect the phone.

 

 

I did a whoop when i fixed mine

 

:) i cant believe how much quicker the phone is though, well i can cos its got nowt on it. I have been having problems with it not connecting to calls and not making any sound notifications, maybe that should have been a warning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...