dan400007 Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 Well, I've just been reading an MSPress book that has shown up a nice bit of licensing that I didn't know: "Microsoft changed licensing to allow customers to run up to 1 physical and 4 virtual instances with a single license of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on the licensed device; and 1 physical and unlimited virtual instances with Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition on the licensed device." Don't know if this applies to Windows Server 2008 but may help when deciding what licenses to buy if you're going virtual.
tarquel Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 Dont suppose u have a link to anything that clarify's that? I do believe you... just want to show my co-workers it as I'm not sure if they are aware of it Cheers Nath
FN-GM Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 Does this apply to Windows Server 2003 Standard?
DMcCoy Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 Does this apply to Windows Server 2003 Standard? No, only enterprise and datacenter.
FN-GM Posted January 17, 2008 Posted January 17, 2008 Ah well never mind, all our servers are Server 2003 Standard. Z
dan400007 Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Sorry, been busy planning our migration to VMWare. I got the information from an MSPress book called "Introducing Windows Server 2008". Its a free download from MS, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/windowsserver2008/default.mspx#EBOOK The comment is on page 35. The book in general is worth a read.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now