Arcolite Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 I've just inherited the task of looking after the Sophos deployment on our network. The actual Client has been deployed without a problem using a script provided by Sophos, however, things do not seem to be working as expected on the Enterprise Management Console. I have setup rules and scanning jobs, but once results are found, I can't seem to do anything with them from the EMC. For example...if there is a Virus on a machine, clicking on Full System Scan (which appears to do nothing) or Clean Up Detected Items (which brings up a empty window) appears not to function. I've got my daily scan setup to autoclean/repair infections and quarentine items that can't be cleaned, but the EMC still say's the machine is infected.
PEO Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 I hate to say this but the EMC never worked properly. Probably the reason why our LEA washed their hands of it. have you been intouch with sophos to see if they have and emc updates?
dan400007 Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 Sophos EC isn't very good any more. V3 is great improvement but still seems very hit and miss as to what machines it picks up. The old managment console for Sophos V3.xx was miles better, it worked.
gshaw Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 Yeah the old 2.x Enterprise Console never did much with the Clean Up items tab, often it'll tell you that here's a virus yet nothing to clean up Update to the new v3 console and see if that helps, as said above still not perfect but a lot better than before... You should also be able to deploy from the console rather than using scripts, that bit does work OK as long as you give the installer account correct rights.
Arcolite Posted January 9, 2008 Author Posted January 9, 2008 Our console is v3 I've pushed out the client to some machines manually, that part is working. Just for ease of administration I've setup a startup script to do it for new workstations. From what I can tell, there are no upgrades for the EMC yet, although I'll get in contact with Sophos.
gshaw Posted January 11, 2008 Posted January 11, 2008 Ouch, never realised it's still messed up on V3, will keep an eye on this thread for any developments...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now