Geoff Posted August 20, 2015 Posted August 20, 2015 The answer to this is possibly staring me in the face and I'm missing it. Currently a colleague is off work and all his direct email is being forwarded to me via an out of office rule. Now I want to setup a rule to neatly file this all into a folder. Now as the emails say 'This message was autofowarded' I had hoped there was a condition in the outlook rules that would match on that. However I do not see it. Googling appears futile as all the results that come back are 'how to setup your out of office to forward' etc. I am using Outlook 2013.
Steve21 Posted August 20, 2015 Posted August 20, 2015 If this is just temporary can't you just use the sender address as the rule? Steve
Steve21 Posted August 20, 2015 Posted August 20, 2015 But you can do it either way Rules Wizard -> Start from a blank rule -> apply rule on messages I receive -> Tick "With specific words in the subject or body -> Add phrase "This message was autofowarded" ->Move to folder etc Steve
Steve21 Posted August 20, 2015 Posted August 20, 2015 Shame it's a client side rule :/ Works on OWA too. "It includes these words in the subject or body..." Just you said Outlook 2013 so assumed desktop Steve
Geoff Posted August 20, 2015 Author Posted August 20, 2015 Yeah desktop. Lets see if I have access to OWA...
DalekSec Posted August 20, 2015 Posted August 20, 2015 Why do you have to have it forwarded? I have my colleagues email box attached and just have to check it when he's on holiday!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now