Micky1990 Posted August 4, 2015 Posted August 4, 2015 Hi I hope somebody can help, I am having this strange issue with mapped drives on windows 7 where the drives just don't show. My domain controller runs server 2012 R2 and the drives are pushed out through group policy to windows 7 x64 machines. The only drive that shows when I log on as a staff/student user is their home drive but they should get 4 more drives such as a P:\ drive for software. However when I click a shortcut to some software on the P:\ drive the software opens fine and suddenly the drive appears. It's almost like the drives are hidden but there is nothing I can see in the policy set to hide them. Thanks in advance!
round2it Posted August 4, 2015 Posted August 4, 2015 Gpo that hides drives might be your problem we had one for our old xp setup and i forgot about it. When moved to windows 7 the drives were hidden.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now