cpjitservices Posted September 17, 2015 Posted September 17, 2015 There is of course, Zabbix Zabbix :: The Enterprise-Class Open Source Network Monitoring Solution Bit of a challenge getting it setup but its open source and a really good product.
Geoff Posted September 17, 2015 Posted September 17, 2015 Having been a Ranger for networks users would any of these tools give a live console for showing which users are logged into which computers in realtime with what Apps are running etc? Because I'm pulling the security logs from all my DCs I can see what users are logging in with ELK. The Citrix Metrics / Logging can tell me what apps are being used (see my previous screenshots). 1
jthompson Posted October 21, 2015 Posted October 21, 2015 I started using Nagios Core a couple of years ago, initially just to monitor switches and APs, but gradually added servers and printers too, once I'd figured out various third-party plugins. The learning curve is steep, largely because you need to edit files on the command line to add new monitored hosts, but I enjoyed it. Last year I upgraded to using OMDistro instead, which is Nagios packaged up really nicely with loads of great stuff (Check_MK for far better UI and configuration, PNP4Nagios for graphing, etc.). Check_MK takes a LOT of the pain away. One of the nice features of OMDistro is that you can easily run multiple instances: I have one monitoring servers and network gear, and another just monitoring printers (graphing toner usage, etc.). 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now