Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Afternoon All,

 

So our current Auto-Login for OWA (Believe it's an old Live@Edu toolkit) will stop working soon as the new certificate required can't be run on the old 2003 box, and just wondering if there's a nice way to get auto-login for OWA without needing ADFS? Already running DIRSYNC for passwords/accounts. All students use OWA rather than Outlook so obviously nice having the autologin :)

 

Steve

Posted

I'm unaware of anything other than ADFS, that provides Single Sign-on. I think there are some third party providers - however I think they require as much effort/cost.

 

Elliot

Posted

Hi Steve,

I looked into this about 2 years ago. If Microsoft do let you renew the cert you could move the code to a new IIS server running 2012. However it was deprecated a long time ago. So don't think MS will give you a new cert.

 

Bite the bullet and go to ADFS, that's what we did. It's a pain to setup with needing 4 severs for load balancing etc. But dose work well.

 

That or just stick with PW sync in DIRsync and they will just have to put up with logging on twice. :)

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Hey :)

 

Aye was having a play with moving it over but it's giving us errors on the "Using Windows.Live.SSO" section, which I'm guessing was part of the old LiveEDU SDK/Libraries which you can't get anymore as all links are broken to it and the new version isn't helping. Might have to try an old VS edition and see if it's still in there.

 

ADFS certainly looking the way forward with it all :) More and more linking into it, only thing I really didn't like while reading it was that if the servers/net is down no-one can login even externally which seems rather mute point of the cloud service.

 

Thanks,

Steve

Posted

I will se if I have an old copy of the SDK for Live@EDU SSO.

 

How long left on the Microsoft trusted cert?

 

You can put a DC, ADFS and a ADFSproxy onto Azure or some other remote server deployment and that will solve the site going down issues. But it will cost you.

 

We haven't had any issues with all the servers onsite yet touch wood.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Ah that might have done it, found some old old olllld (2005~) VS libraries with it in :) Looks happier now, 2012R2 redirect working yay, Will have to test it a lot tomorrow to see how it copes under stress :)

 

Brand new certificate as they let us renew again :) So at least gives us time to play around with ADFS a bit more :)

 

If you got that copy would be good just in case this doesn't work as well as I hope haha

 

Thanks,

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...