Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

Trouble with one of my "favourite" bits of kit - the Flipcams. Having taken videos of the little darlings, I now can't find the files :@ The Flipcam mounts as a removable drive and there are old videos on there in the DCIM folder as expected. However there's no sign of the recently taken videos. On the device, however, you can play the video, so it's clearly there somewhere. I tried searching in the directory for *.* with today's date and nothing shows.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thank you :)

Posted
I tried searching in the directory for *.* with today's date and nothing shows.

 

Is the date on the flipcam right, though?

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Is the date on the flipcam right, though?

 

Spot on :) Should have looked - I'd looked at the most recent files according to the modified date and it wasn't those, so I assumed that wasn't the problem. There are videos both older and newer than the date it thinks it is today showing in the file system. So hint for others being as daft as me - check the system date on the camera! Thanks @X-13

Posted

It's easily done.

 

I've had some completely run down and keep the date/time

 

And others randomly lose it.

 

The first thing I ask now is "what is it a photo/video of?"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...