Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am in the process of integrating SAML for logging in to Moodle - to allow for a single session within various services that use/will use SAML as their authentication source.

 

I have SAML set up and working, integrated with Google Apps, with SimpleSAMLPHP using LDAP to do the actual auth.

 

I now want to add it to Moodle as well.

 

Problem is, the documentation for the appropriate Moodle plugin is less than clear. (https://moodle.org/plugins/view/auth_saml)

 

I have the details entered in to the config page in Moodle, but it just vaguely says "set up SimpleSAMLPHP as a service provider". Not particularly helpful!

 

Has anyone done this already? What should I be adding to saml20-idp-hosted and saml20-sp-remote files here?

Posted
Figured out the other way to do it - using the Google SAML plugin instead! No need for SimpleSAML, although if there are other services I want to add in the future, I may have to come back to it again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...