Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been attempting to do my November Upgrade this weekend and I receive the subject error message straight after doing the download of the upgrade and prior to doing the backup. Anyone else had this.

 

My experience in the past with this is that a workstation has been left logged onto both the network and sims.net or that the server has held a connection. To combat this I created a batch file to shutdown all workstations in the school prior to doing an upgrade and also before doing the upgrade on the servers i restarted them. I say them because the sims application (ie setups etc) are on one server and the database is on another server.

 

Any help much appreciated.

Posted

Request patch 10720 from capita (as this will solve a few issues you will have with personnel 7 that you probably don't know about yet)

 

Run this patch via "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\dbUpgrade.exe" /nobackup (you may have to run it twice - note the location of dbupgrade) Make sure you run this patch as the SQL sa user

 

Now try running the November update

Posted
I hit a similar problem where a machine had crashed while running SIMS - I tracked it down through the activity monitor in SQL server management studio which showed a stalled process

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...