Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I known @SYNACK was using it back in 2010 and I've seen it mentioned in a few threads, but nothing recently.

 

What does it do well/poorly?

How does hosted compare to local in terms of functionality, speed and cost?

What options are there for ID (magstripe/rfid/biometric?) at the issue desk?

Are you happy that your librarians are using it? Are they?

Is the support time you spend on it proportionate to the amount of people who use it?

 

How quickly do they respond to bugs and feature requests? Is this better than their advertised speeds or worse?

  • 2 months later...
Posted
@pete - a late reply I know but many of my schools are still using accessit and it is the best option available here, good and quick with tech support, support lots of integration options including ldap, click view and even a database to database import solution to keep up records if required from an SMS. Not sure about the magstripe stuff but I would think so, you can also just barcode scan or username and password them, especially on the web site version. The librarians are happy enough with it and support time is negligible, every so often it will off itself thanks to an update but the fix is usually quick and simple. It runs nicely as a service on a server and has sane system requirements. Generally I'd say it is totally worth a look.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...