MrWu Posted March 12, 2015 Posted March 12, 2015 Hi all; I have installed App inventor 2 (ICT used App inventor 1 and worked ok) I am having trouble running the emulator as student or staff Domain admin works ok The trouble I get is when I try to connect the ai Companion where it times out, I presume it cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:8001 to download blocks..however, firewall is off on Group Policy. The emulator connects to 127.0.0.1:8004 ok even as a student.. Anyone else have a best practice running this piece of software? Many thanks
TheCrust Posted March 15, 2015 Posted March 15, 2015 I followed the advice given in this thread - http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/139452-app-inventor-2-without-compromising-security-i-think.html - the way we do it essentially leaves students with a shortcut to start the emulator themselves, but that's fine. We tell them to log in to AppInventor, start the emulator, then try to connect. It works a treat for us.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now