Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

It seems that we can't use our GAFE accounts to Sign In to Youtube, even though it is an allowed App for our domain.

 

When I try to change this in the Admin console it tells me:

 

This service is not covered by the Google for Work Agreement

 

Am I getting this right, you can't use a GAFE account for Youtube? A bit of research shows that GAFE allows access to Core (email etc) apps but Youtube is Consumer (personal) - but if thats the case, why can I configure it in the Admin console for our domain?

 

:confused:

Posted
I've just done some quick testing. We have G+ turned on for those year levels that are 13+, but all year levels (organised in Sub Orgs) have YouTube turned on. With a newly created account in a Yr 7 sub-org (no G+) I can access youtube (and be signed in) and watch videos but not upload a video or create a channel. This might be because a brand new account can't be in good standing immediately - I'll have to see some of our kids at school next week. I didn't know about the G+ thing so this wold be news to me.
Posted

We have G+ disabled for everyone, and youtube enabled for Staff. Staff can't use their GAFE login for youtube so I guess it is tied to Plus.

 

Bit of a daft restriction that - not sure why google have got that in place?

Posted
Its been that way for some time - since the merge between YouTube and G+ - so you need to have a G+ profile to comment on YouTube + create a channel. We have G+ for all staff and students Y10+.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...