jaminben Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 (edited) Hi, We're being plagued by 15-20mins of high memory usage when a user logs in first thing in the morning which basically locks the machine up. I've traced the issue down to the service wuauserv.exe which is running in a svchost.exe, it's only affecting machines with 2Gb of ram and its only started to happen this last month so I'm thinking a previous update may have corrupted or broken something (we use SCCM 2012 R2 to push updates out to clients). I seem to remember seeing something about an update breaking something during the first part of 2015 but can't find it now. Anyway, this thread explains our situation exactly and has a solution but before I start changing things around I thought I'd ask here to see if any edu-geekers have a better solution or know if a recent update has broken something. Thanks Ben Edited February 26, 2015 by jaminben 1
Mark182 Posted February 29, 2016 Posted February 29, 2016 Did you ever solve this? We are having the same issues! All computers on Windows 7 have slowed down to stopped. High SVCHOST.exe usage in task manager.
jaminben Posted March 1, 2016 Author Posted March 1, 2016 Hey, yes we did... we upgraded memory from 2Gb to 4Gb. It was windows trying to run various services within SVCHOST and the one that sticks out in my mind the most was 'Updates'. If you right click on it select 'goto' services it will highlight the ones causing an issue. 1
Mark182 Posted March 1, 2016 Posted March 1, 2016 Cheers. We have also pushed out this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49542
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now