Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning

 

We currently do a Scheme (as many here know).

 

Having had issues with Insurance companies very touchy over our high claims, I would like to know:

 

How many claims are you getting on the number of devices you have?

 

Out of our 250 Year 7s we have had 40+ claims in the period of September 2014 to January 2015.

 

If you are not able to broadcast your amount, can you PM me?

 

We have been told by Insurance companies that this is high, we already had one big insurance company reject us (twice) and a few others over the last 18 months. I just need to know what the figures are for other Schools.

 

p.s

Please don't turn this in to an anti/pro scheme argument :)

Posted
No anti/pro but that is extremely high, 16% damage rate in six months. I'm surprised you've managed to get cover. I've seen many schools operate effectively with a 10% contingency/overbuy scheme over a three year period!
Posted
No anti/pro but that is extremely high, 16% damage rate in six months. I'm surprised you've managed to get cover. I've seen many schools operate effectively with a 10% contingency/overbuy scheme over a three year period!

 

Mind if I ask why you think its high? Got previous experience?

 

I need proof to show that we are high due to our Head not believing we have high claims. I keep asking around for the same information but getting very little back.

Posted
Not that I can share sorry. It's going to be pretty difficult to prove it's high, other than documentary evidence from other schools in a thread like this (I hope you get some more replies). In monetary terms that's a huge expenditure though - what were the factored costs in the original planning of the rollout?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...