hempweb Posted December 4, 2007 Posted December 4, 2007 Am in process of setting up a revised school website based upon Joomla and stumbled across the Edugeek package (great work) I am looking to use one of the 'edugeek' templates but when I invoke the JCE to edit an item, the edit boxes background is filled with a graduated colour (grey in this instance) and the text you type in is not easy to read. I have discovered some work-arounds: 1) In JCE config, select not to include template styles (this works and just gives me a white background to edit on - BUT I forefeit the use of styles e.g. the notice styles) 2) In the template CSS file, under 'body' definition, remove the background image definition (i.e. for page-bg.jpg). This gices me a white background in JCE edit box, and I can still have the styles, BUT the website background now loses its graduated 'backwash' What I would really like, is to have everything 'as it was intended' but have a non-coloured JCE edit box. Does anyone (SYSMAN_MK?) have any ideas/solutions or have the same experience? [NB: This problem does not exist in the Rokwebify template (not the same css structure) but that is not the template that I currently want to use]
Guest Posted December 4, 2007 Posted December 4, 2007 This has been covered in the huge thread. It will be added to the package... at some point To Fix JCE Editor background problem in default template Make a copy of the template css file and rename it jce_css.css. Leave this file in the CSS folder of your template folder ie: templates/eg_default/css/jce_css.css Edit this new css file, and change the body tag with the following: body{ margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; background: #ffffff text-align: center; font-family: Verdana, Arial; color: #000000; } Save the new file. Go to JCE Configuration in the JCE menu. (backend admin) Change the 'Template CSS Classes' setting to 'No'. In the 'Custom CSS Classes' type in the name of your new css file eg: jce_css.css. Hit Save.
hempweb Posted December 4, 2007 Author Posted December 4, 2007 Doh! Thanks SYSMAN_MK - all seems quite logical now you point it out! I have been reading many threads here (in order to bring myself up to date) but must have missed that one. Now that I look in the template directory, I see that there is a jce_css.css file already there (just didn't realise this was what I needed to solve my problem - the only thing I think you need to 'add' is some notes in the installation user guide to point out the extra configuration setting needed)
Ric_ Posted December 4, 2007 Posted December 4, 2007 Iv've added that help to the wiki page at http://edugeekwiki.rm-charlton.net/index.php/The_EduGeek_Joomla_Package#FAQs too. If anybody would like to help expand this page (or others) please contact me for a login.v
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now