Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

How to share with pcmanfm file manager


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have just install lubuntu in one computer and I've notice that I cant share folders with pcmanfm (lubuntu's default file manager) as I can do with kubuntu (dolphin) or Ubuntu (Nautilus).

 

I mean, I've install samba and all needed packets, but using pcmanfm I have no option to share when I go to properties of a folder. I've even install nautilus manager (nautilus-share) and using it I have a tab to share in the properties of the folders.

 

I would prefer leaving pcmanfm if possible, since I don't know if replacing it with Nautilus or Dolphin is a good idea (I want an stable system with less possible problems), so I have 2 options that I don't know how to do:

 

OPTION 1: keep pcmanfm. The problem is: How to share folders in the way can be done with Nautilus or Dolphin?

OPTION 2: Replace pcmanfm: For do this, I need to completely replace it in way that lubuntu uses always Dolphin (or Nautilus, but I'd prefer Dolphin unless you advice me Nautilus for some reason). How could I do this, and more important... is this a problem in some way?+

 

I hope someone can lend me a hand.

 

Many thanks in advance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...