Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

On SCCM 2012 is there a way I can bypass the permission screen on selective workstations so that I can automatically connect without requiring user permission. I know how we could do in 2007 but cannot find the setting in 2012.

 

On the client machine when I go to software center, options, remote control I am not able to adjust the settings individually as the option is greyed out on the client so assume this is set centrally, is there a way some machines can be excluded from this rule?

 

sccm-01.jpg

 

Many Thanks

Ranj

Posted

Yes.

 

Go to the Assets and Compliance workspace and create a collection for the computers you want to override this setting on. Assign the computers manually or do it with a query.

 

Go to the Administration workspace and go to Client Settings. Right click and create a new custom client setting. Under General, select Remote Tools. There is an option called "Users can change policy or notification settings in Software Center", set that to No. Set up the other options to how you want them. When you're finished, press OK.

 

Right click on the rule you just created and deploy it to your new collection. Make sure it's a higher priority than any other rule you have.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...