yhttech Posted November 19, 2014 Posted November 19, 2014 I'm having a strange, confusing issue. All of a sudden, users on login are getting prompted to change their password because their passwords have expired. which was to a password that has upper case, lower case and a number and is a minimum of 7 characters long. I've disabled password length and complexity requirements in my GPO's and also changed the minimum and maximum password ages to "0" which should indicate they never expire. Any ideas?
JonThompson Posted November 19, 2014 Posted November 19, 2014 Select all accounts. Right click and select properties. Go to accounts tab and select both of the password never expires tick boxes. Then hit apply.
yhttech Posted November 19, 2014 Author Posted November 19, 2014 Thank you. I've gotten that far. I don't see anywhere else where the complexity setting could be coming from where it's being enforced, or is that something new with server 2012?
JonThompson Posted November 19, 2014 Posted November 19, 2014 Have you looked at your Default Domain Policy? It may be enforced in there. I don't think there is a default for it in server 2012, though I may be wrong. My understanding is that once a password 'expired', you either had to reset it or tick the not expire option to prevent the user from being prompted to change it at logon.
Liam Posted November 19, 2014 Posted November 19, 2014 Any fine grained password policies enforced in ad?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now