Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

We've got two 20" iMacs that need internet access for the ankle-biters. They're not networked and they are within earshot of our 11a wireless network. On the Apple site it says 'iMac is also Wi-Fi Certified to work with base stations and routers that use industry-standard 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g wireless technologies' - does this mean they will will work with our 11a waps or do we need the AirPort Express Base Station? I'm a linux/windows techie and I hate this Apple stuff as I'm too old to learn new tricks. Sorry, but all help & advice much appreciated. Oh, and whatever the solution it has to cost less than £50. That's their budget. No, seriously, it is. I'm not joking. I wish I was. God, I hate working in education sometimes ;-)

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I second that.

the one annoying thing about apples in education is that they connect to anything, anywhere anytime.......

Can be useful and I suppose it is a plus with macs in general - but not when you have kids sending printouts to the colour photocopier.

Posted
Thanks for that. We're still having problems getting them to talk to our 11a wireless network but we've got so much on the go we haven't had time to sit down and look at the problem properly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...