soveryapt Posted October 14, 2014 Posted October 14, 2014 Evening all Right, a school of mine still wants to use Flashy Ducks which worked fine on the XP machines, but as there is only a couple of those left now (not for long though) all the machines are either Vista Business or W7 Pro. Everytime I start Flashy Ducks it says "Flashy Ducks has had to install Flash 6 and requires a restart" so no matter how many times you restart or install every version of flash available, or change compatibility settings and all the rest, it still says it and won't start up. So I told them I would ask around to see if anyone knew of any alternatives. Flashy Ducks doesn't seem to be supported anymore (certainly trying to get on their website http://www.flashyducks.co.uk doesn't work) so I hope either someone can say "yes, our school uses this piece of software for Mathematics that works them towards their SATS" or "pah, you dummy, all you need to do to make it work is x y and z" .. either will do! Thanks all Andy
soveryapt Posted October 14, 2014 Author Posted October 14, 2014 I presume KS2 SATs, but I could be wrong. She just said she liked the way it worked well and took them towards the sorts of things they would be doing in their SATs and such. I'll take a look at those you've suggested. Thanks
plexer Posted October 15, 2014 Posted October 15, 2014 Doublestruck - Products is the creator of flashyducks and the domain expires next month. Ben
soveryapt Posted October 15, 2014 Author Posted October 15, 2014 Thanks for the suggestions. I've given the school options of TestBase, RM Maths and MyMaths to be going on with. Is there a link to Nubble that someone could provide me with as not sure if the Google result is coming up with the right thing or not. Andy
witch Posted October 15, 2014 Posted October 15, 2014 Nubble (scroll down for review comments - the first one is from our head of maths from when he was in his previous school) Nubble! 64 Nubble! Deluxe Nubble Express 1
soveryapt Posted October 22, 2014 Author Posted October 22, 2014 Apparently, for those who may be interested, TestBase has something like Flashy Ducks as part of the maths section now so the school are happy again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now