alan-d Posted November 20, 2007 Posted November 20, 2007 Currently moodle sends me an email listing failed login attempts - no problems there. However at the end of the mail it says I can view the log at http://#####.#####.#####.sch.uk/moodle/course/log.php?id=1&chooselog=1&modid=site_errors. Clicking the link gives a page not found. I can't find a file called log.php in .../moodle/course or anything in the database. It's obviously storing it somewhere, because it's sending the emails. So where is this info coming from? and how can I fix it to view it?
Geoff Posted November 20, 2007 Posted November 20, 2007 Our 'failed login' log redirects to http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/course/report/log/index.php?chooselog=1&id=1&modid=site_errors Also, if you have access to the apache error log for the site, login faliures are recorded there also: [Tue Nov 20 13:34:14 2007] [error] [client 10.73.25.163] [client 10.73.25.163] [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk[/url] Failed Login: clmuolholland Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4, referer: [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/[/url] [Tue Nov 20 13:36:14 2007] [error] [client 10.73.25.163] [client 10.73.25.163] [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk[/url] Failed Login: clmuolholland Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4, referer: [url]https://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/login/index.php[/url] [Tue Nov 20 14:00:34 2007] [error] [client 212.219.207.94] [client 212.219.207.94] [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk[/url] Failed Login: trcooper Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322), referer: [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/[/url] [Tue Nov 20 15:24:04 2007] [error] [client 10.73.26.43] [client 10.73.26.43] [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk[/url] Failed Login: gking Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110903 Firefox/3.0b1, referer: [url]http://vle.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/[/url]
alan-d Posted November 21, 2007 Author Posted November 21, 2007 Thanks Geoff - I assume that is the file that moodle uses to bring up Admin > Reports > logs > site errors ? I'm trying to find the file that inputs the link into the email so I can change it. The above file seems to be correct so there must be another one about somewhere :? Any ideas? btw - moodle tracker number is MDL-12293 if anyone is interested.
Geoff Posted November 21, 2007 Posted November 21, 2007 Moodle sends out email via it's cron.php script. I'd start hunting there.
alan-d Posted November 21, 2007 Author Posted November 21, 2007 I can't find anything in the Cron files There is a reference to the function in moodle/lib/moodlelib.php (notify_login_failures) approx line 5405. Apparently the problem still exists in 1.8.2+ which version are you running?
Geoff Posted November 21, 2007 Posted November 21, 2007 Found it. /lang/en_utf8/moodle.php. Lines 1044, 1046 and 1047.
alan-d Posted November 21, 2007 Author Posted November 21, 2007 SNAP!!!! Only mine are on lines 990 & 991 Thanks anyway
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now