snagrat Posted October 12, 2014 Posted October 12, 2014 (edited) What is the best way to manage Photos taken on iPads with Apple Configurator setup? Currently we use a WebDAV program to copy any require photos up to a Mac Server but is there a better way? With the amount of photos being taken now it'll be better if things were more automated. Edited October 12, 2014 by Dos_Box
snagrat Posted October 12, 2014 Author Posted October 12, 2014 Yes possible but still a fag if taking pictures using the photo app.
box_l Posted October 12, 2014 Posted October 12, 2014 I was using this Tonido for iOS - The Ultimate File Access, Music and Video Streaming App for iPhone/iPad with the free server product. The auto photo upload in ios7 was great. It is currently broken with ios8, but the app is fixed, just waiting for apple to let it through their vetting or whatever. BoX
Liam Posted October 12, 2014 Posted October 12, 2014 Ah. Food for thought. I played with that before. The cloud solution stuff
smithson83 Posted October 13, 2014 Posted October 13, 2014 (edited) We use Foldr (no e) for our iPads. it is effectively a WebDAV portal that integrates with AD, its not cheap, but it is set and forget. Gives staff and pupils appropriate access to all the files they normally have access to. Re Photos; Browse to a folder on the network, select upload here, choose the Camera Role then watch em fly... (Bang, Zoom, Straight to the moon.... sorry) Runs as a virtual appliance on existing HW, very small foot print. Grab yourself an SSL Cert and you have a good BYOD file access over WebDAV (or through a web browser) for Win8RT or Chromebooks etc. Edited October 13, 2014 by smithson83
tmoon-mint Posted October 13, 2014 Posted October 13, 2014 (edited) I use iCloud. Make sure all devices are logged into the same iCloud account (not the apple ID) that way you can upload photos to iCloud. I then push out Icloud Photos for Windows by group policy and have staff login and able to access photos on their machines as well. Seems to be a pretty good solution. I tend to steer well clear of Dropbox purely because of where the data is stored (outside the EU = absolutely no protection) Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have staff create a Photostream for each class, that way we know which photos belong to which class. Edited October 13, 2014 by tmoon-mint
bsb Posted October 13, 2014 Posted October 13, 2014 I use iCloud. Make sure all devices are logged into the same iCloud account (not the apple ID) that way you can upload photos to iCloud. I then push out Icloud Photos for Windows by group policy and have staff login and able to access photos on their machines as well. Seems to be a pretty good solution. I tend to steer well clear of Dropbox purely because of where the data is stored (outside the EU = absolutely no protection) Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have staff create a Photostream for each class, that way we know which photos belong to which class. tmoon-mint - good solution - might try that instead of dropbox. Re Dropbox and data protection - Dropbox complies with the U.S.–E.U. and the U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. More info here: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/238
Liam Posted October 20, 2014 Posted October 20, 2014 So how do you sync the martial. Is it done directly to users area or do you specify a location?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now