randle Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Hi, I've been using this software, installed on a server share, for some time now and recently updated it to the latest version. The application works fine but am getting an error "Socket Error # 10060" on start-up. Clicking Ok clears this error but the welcome screen is blank. This error is a connection timeout according to Socket Error # 10060 Connection timed out : YoYo Games Ltd. but none of the potential causes appear to be an issue. Your device lost connection to the internet after GameMaker opened but before it could receive a response from the server. Internet connection is fine. Your Anti-virus software or firewall is blocking incoming information from yoyogames.com and store.yoyogames.com, or is blocking GameMaker's access to the internet in general. I have disabled AV and Firewall for testing purposes but makes not difference. store.yoyogames.com and / or yoyogames.com are blocked on your network or by your internet provider. Filtering isn't blocking either domain. Incoming traffic is rerouted on your network or port 80 is blocked. Doubt this is the case as port 80 is a common port for traffic and as far as I'm aware this wouldn't be blocking anything! Your connection is handled via a proxy which may be blocking the download of files. I use the upstream county proxy but again, can't see this would be blocking any traffic on port 80! YoYo Games support have now drawn a blank so I either ignore this or get help elsewhere. Anyone else getting this and managed to stop it from appearing?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now