buzzard Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Hi bit of a bizarre problem I've been asked to look at. A primary school have as their primary print device a Sharp MX4112N, all working fine through Windows server 2012 and Win 7 Clients. They've recently had a load of MacBooks and Mac Mini server installed by a 3rd party company (MCC) the issue is in order to print to the photocopier they have to enter a pin code in in order to print, now, from looking I can't seem to find in the driver for Mac on the sharp website any place to have this code entered or a prompt to enter. Obviously the removal of the pin requirement on the Photovcopier would sort the issue out, but unlike Ricoh and Konica Minolta copiers you can have pin code on or off, you can't use pin code only for copying and not print functions (if that makes sense). I suppose I'm asking has anyone managed to print from a mac device to a pin protected sharp copier Answers on a postcard please!
furby Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 I had the similar with a Samsung printer for some reason it made you stick in a pin code, didn't seem to matter what numbers. How are the printers connected, IP (IPP/LPD), via windows server or Bonjour? You could try the CUPS interface. Go to This is a CDN address (you may need to enable it but the terminal command comes up) Then it's something like: Administration Manage Printers Choose the Sharp Maintenance -> Set Default Options I imagine you'll find a setting in there someone where to turn it off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now