Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Can someone tell me how to search for files which contain specific words, using Vista. I'm sure that MS won't have taken that feature away, but I can't find it....
Posted

What kind of files?

The start menu "search" box allows you to search the contents of supported, indexed files automatically.

If you need to search the contents elsewhere it will be slower but I think the advanced search menu in Windows Explorer should allow you to do this but I cant confirm right now as I am on XP at work.

Posted

Ah, I've got it - if you search for files named x, when it doesn't find anything, it gives the option to search file contents.

 

There must be an easier, not to mention, quicker way though...

Posted

Actually, no, even that doesn't work. I searched for files containing "Flash 9" and it found all the ones containing "Flash 8" too.

 

Rubbish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...