RobD Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 Hi All, I look after a infant school who are housed in a very nice old building with very thick walls, I'm looking to extend their wireless into some more classrooms, they have a very basic setup i.e. A ADSL router and 6 non domain laptops. What would people recommend to buy to extend the wifi? I'll probably need around 5 to spread around the School. Thanks Rob
Blue_Cookeh Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 I wouldn't look at repeaters for this, the density (assuming a small area) with the thick walls would probably warrant standard access points and running some cables. I'd probably look at x2 packs of x3 Ubiquiti UniFi access points with a Toughswitch to provide the switch and PoE without injectors. Then just hook the Toughswitch up to the ADSL router.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now