Yeo695 Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 Any suggestions? I have a bad version (12.xx) of shockwave pushed out to 30 laptops, I rolled back to version 11 and everything is working perfectly. The issue is when installing version 11 it won't remove version 12.xx so I need a general shockwave script or a suggestion on how to create the policy to remove it. Then after that I already have a policy to push out version 11.
Arthur Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 Are you using Group Policy to deploy Shockwave or something else (like SCCM)?
Yeo695 Posted September 3, 2014 Author Posted September 3, 2014 Group Policy, to be specific server 2012.
sted Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 Group Policy, to be specific server 2012. if you msi'd the duff version via gpo just remove it from the gpo and select immediately uninstall should get shut of it 1
jklight Posted February 17, 2015 Posted February 17, 2015 Rem uninstall old versions "%~dp0sw_uninstaller.exe" /s msiexec /uninstall "%~dp0sw_lic_full_installer.msi" /qn /norestart /l*v "%windir%\temp\shockwave_uninstall.log" REG DELETE HKCR\Installer\Products\388E33E771D079344A165B6706E5431B /f REG DELETE HKCR\Installer\Products\7C43C21609E58D74B9C5F017D78D7262 /f REG DELETE HKCR\Installer\Products\CB540FA28F8E71F40859861EE4CC32F4 /f SW_uninstaller.exe downloaded from Adobe sw_lic_full_installer.msi was latest (12.1.6) downloaded from Adobe
DT2 Posted February 17, 2015 Posted February 17, 2015 wmic product where "name like ''" call uninstall /nointeractive Might have to issue: taskkill /F /IM iexplore.exe in case any open processes cause issues.... I use this effectively for all kinds of things (utorrent, TOR etc) Just check the running process for the name.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now